Family Dentistry in O'Fallon, MO
O’Fallon family dentist Dr. Edward M. Logan, DDS treats adults and children over three years old. Early preventative care can help children maintain healthy teeth and establish a good relationship with the dentist. Many times a child’s first visit is a short introductory icebreaker to help your child become comfortable with the dentist. Dr. Logan recommends scheduling children’s appointments earlier in the day when young children are more alert and fresh.
Many parents are nervous about their child’s first visit to the dentist. Here are a few tips for making the first trip easier for your children.
- Tell them about what they will see and hear in the office. Positively talk through what happens at a typical visit to the dentist.
- Visit the library to look for positive children’s books about going to the dentist.
- Look at this website with your children so they can see pictures of our office and staff before coming in.
- Sometimes it is helpful for a younger sibling to watch an older sibling’s appointment first. Of course, this is only true if the older sibling is comfortable with the dentist.
- Let them ask the dentist and hygienist a couple questions.
- After the appointment, try to avoid asking negative questions like “Did it hurt?” or “Did you get a shot?” Please give us a chance to give your children a positive experience first.
- Most importantly, be positive and encouraging about the whole experience.
At O Fallon Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, you, your spouse, your kids, and everyone else under your roof can rest easy under the dental care of Dr. Logan, the leading family dentist in O Fallon, MO.
At his office, you can be treated for a variety of dental issues, or simply get routine check-ups. Take a look at a few of the dental services Dr. Logan provides his patients below:
- Crowns & Bridges
- Root Canal Therapy
- Tooth Extractions
- Scaling and Root Planing
- Braces/Invisible braces