O’Fallon dentist Dr. Edward M. Logan, DDS treats adults and children over three years old. Early preventative care can help children maintain healthy teeth and establish a good relationship with the dentist. Many times a child’s first visit is a short introductory icebreaker to help your child become comfortable with the dentist. Dr. Logan recommends scheduling children’s appointments earlier in the day when young children are more alert and fresh.
Many parents are nervous about their child’s first visit to the dentist. Here are a few tips for making the first trip easier for your children.
- Tell them about what they will see and hear in the office. Positively talk through what happens at a typical visit to the dentist.
- Visit the library to look for positive children’s books about going to the dentist.
- Look at this website with your children so they can see pictures of our office and staff before coming in.
- Sometimes it is helpful for a younger sibling to watch an older sibling’s appointment first. Of course, this is only true if the older sibling is comfortable with the dentist.
- Let them ask the dentist and hygienist a couple questions.
- After the appointment, try to avoid asking negative questions like “Did it hurt?” or “Did you get a shot?” Please give us a chance to give your children a positive experience first.
- Most importantly, be positive and encouraging about the whole experience.
Dr. Edward M. Logan offers top-quality dental services and treatments for the entire family in O Fallon, MO.
Call our office today at 6365615445 to schedule your appointment.