What you should know about Preventative Dentistry in O'Fallon MO
As Ben Franklin once said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Preventive dentistry steps, including good oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups can help reduce the future need for restorative dentistry. Dr. Logan recommends preventive dental check-ups at least every six months to stay on top of your dental health care needs.
The following services may take place at a preventive dental check-up:
- Digital X-Rays to monitor areas of decay. The sooner decay is detecting, the easier and less expensive it is to remove.
- Dental Examinations of your teeth, gums and oral cavity can detect areas of concern before they become a larger problem.
- Dental Prophylaxis (Cleaning) done by a professional hygienist can remove areas of plaque build up and tartar that cannot be removed by brushing and flossing alone.
- Fluoride Treatments can help strengthen your teeth against the acid and plaque attacks they undergo regularly.
- Dental Sealants in childhood can help to prevent cavities from forming while the teeth are sealed.
- Oral Hygiene Instructions given by the hygienist or dentist can help you or your child to have a better understanding of ways to care for your teeth at home.