Home dental care and regular dental visits work together to prevent dental problems
What you should know about Preventative Dentistry in O'Fallon MO
As Ben Franklin once said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Preventive dentistry steps, including good oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups can help reduce the future need for restorative dentistry. Dr. Logan recommends preventive dental check-ups at least every six months to stay on top of your dental health care needs.
The following services may take place at a preventive dental check-up:
- Digital X-Rays to monitor areas of decay. The sooner decay is detecting, the easier and less expensive it is to remove.
- Dental Examinations of your teeth, gums and oral cavity can detect areas of concern before they become a larger problem.
- Dental Prophylaxis (Cleaning) done by a professional hygienist can remove areas of plaque build up and tartar that cannot be removed by brushing and flossing alone.
- Fluoride Treatments can help strengthen your teeth against the acid and plaque attacks they undergo regularly.
- Dental Sealants in childhood can help to prevent cavities from forming while the teeth are sealed.
- Oral Hygiene Instructions given by the hygienist or dentist can help you or your child to have a better understanding of ways to care for your teeth at home.